Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tiny Dancer II

Paige's dance studio had "Peek Week" where we could sit in to watch what the girls learn at dance class. It was really interesting. They are teaching them ballet basics, like counting in 8ths, and also how to stretch in a fun way by turning the action into creative movement (hence, the name of the class). For instance, they curl up real tight into a ball when they are 'doodlebugs' {3rd picture below} and the bug catcher comes by them with 'bug spray' only to open up and reach high to the sky when she is not near. Just like her summer dance class, Paige was so focused and into it compared to the other girls. The other day she said to me with a huge sigh "Mommy, I wish I could go to dance everyday". The girl's gotta dance! I am REALLY looking forward to her recital in May where she will be a ladybug.

Miss Mary (one of her teachers) and her classmates.


Doodlebug.



Live, Love, Dance!

No comments: